- Maternal nutrition plays a role in certain types of fetal malformations or spontaneous abortion. Because these abnormalities occur so early in pregnancy modifications must be made before pregnancy begins. In diabetes, incidence of congenital defects can be reduced almost to normal by bringing the blood glucose under conception and early gestation can reduce the incidence of neural tube defects.
- Many studies have shown that elevated HbA1C levels early in pregnancy affects the growth and health of baby in the womb.
- So, its very important to provide good nutrition and healthy lifestyle for women in the reproductive age group especially before planning to become mother.
- Ensure your health and Baby’s growth with Special Nutrition Plans
- For safe delivery – check our Nutrition Solutions
(We help you manage Diabetes & thyroid issues during pregnancy)